An explosion apparently caused by an accumulation of cooking gas caused a multi-family dwelling to collapse in Mexico City on Saturday, killing one person and injuring 12.
Rescue personnel working with trained dogs found the body in the rubble. The explosion essentially destroyed the two-story, brick-and-concrete structure.
Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum reported that five of the 12 injured had been hospitalized. Sheinbaum also confirmed the death, but did not reveal the cause of the blast.
However, the city’s civil defence office reported it was apparently caused by a gas leak. Cooking gas cylinders are found in most Mexican homes.
The blast occurred in a low-income neighbourhood known as the Colonia Pensil, on the city’s north side.
The lander re-established communication with the earth, more than a month after the spacecraft made a historic 'pinpoint' touchdown on the moon.
The opening day saw two least developed countries, Comoros and Timor-Leste, become WTO members taking the overall tally to 166
PML-N leader: 'The doors of my heart and office will remain open for the opposition as well'
The move comes amid growing US pressure on President Mahmoud Abbas to shake up the Palestinian Authority
The new directive also includes penalties for leaving abandoned vehicle parts in undesignated places, including public and private roads
This allows individuals to obtain a personal subscription covering two zones of their choice
Mustafa O. Vazayil, Managing Director of Gargash Insurance, talks about opportunities and challenges for insurance firms, highlighting why motor insurance premiums could rise by 5-10 per cent this year