The firefighters cordoned off the site to prevent the flames from spreading to nearby houses.- Supplied photo
Ras Al Khaimah - The window AC and furniture in the room were damaged.
An Emirati family at the Barirat area in Ras Al Khaimah was rescued after the air conditioner in one of the rooms caught fire and filled the house with deadly heavy smoke.
Sources with the RAK Civil Defence said the fire erupted on Tuesday (June 11) at 3.30pm. "The RAK firefighters rushed to the reported site and managed to put out the fire in 20 minutes. "The window AC and furniture in the room were damaged, while the house walls blacked with smoke."
The firefighters cordoned off the site to prevent the flames from spreading to nearby houses. "The family members were evacuated to a safe place. Water and foam were used to contain the fire, while special machines were used to pump out the smoke."
Few days back, the RAK firefighters professionally evacuated a labour camp on fire, and rescued 22 workers in at Al Uraibi area.