The board of Dubai's Emaar Properties, which owns the Dubai Mall, will meet on Thursday to discuss the sale of its e-commerce fashion business Namshi, the company said on Monday.
The meeting, disclosed in a statement, will be held a week after Emaar announced a $2 billion cash and stock buyout of a joint venture partner in one of its real estate projects.
Emaar, known for building the world's tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa, and other iconic parts of Dubai, bought Namshi for a total of $281 million after first acquiring a 51% stake in 2017 before buying the remaining 49% in 2019.
Reuters reported in August 2021 the developer was considering options to sell the e-commerce fashion business.
Last week, Emaar announced it would buy out Dubai Holding from their joint Dubai Creek Harbour development in a $2 billion deal equally financed by cash and Emaar Properties shares.
Emaar's largest shareholder is the Dubai government, which holds the 24% stake through its sovereign wealth fund.
Sheikh Saif bin Zayed shares TikTok clip filmed at a mall
The announcement comes as the target deadline approaches to achieve Ministry-led Emiratisation goals for the private sector
Sheikh Sultan has authored 76 books throughout the realms of history, theatre, and literature, and many of them have been translated into 20 other languages
President, VP extend their warm wishes on the occasion
The fire broke around 2.45 pm on Saturday; no casualties were reported
He died in a Dubai hospital after suffering a heart attack on Sunday
His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan also wished a speedy recovery to those injured in the deplorable accident