Coronavirus Pandemic
Logo
 

Combating coronavirus: Dubai issues guidelines for reopening businesses, resuming work

Published on April 24, 2020 at 00.01

From ensuring that a physical distance to undergoing temperature screenings, offices will have to ensure the safety of employees.

khaleejtimes - photos

From ensuring that a physical distance to undergoing temperature screenings, offices will have to ensure the safety of employees.
khaleejtimes - photos

Dubai Economy has laid out a comprehensive set of safety guidelines for businesses and offices should their employees return to work when the government will ease restrictions. From ensuring that a physical distance of two metres is maintained to undergoing temperature screenings, offices will have to ensure the safety of employees and reduce the risk of infection.
khaleejtimes - photos

Sanitisation

Clean common areas of the building/office premises, including toilets cleaned after each use and sterilise entrance areas. Pantries must remain closed and single-use disposables should be provided to the employees.
khaleejtimes - photos

Entrance health checks

Anyone entering the building/office, including staff members and visitors, should undergo temperature screenings and checks. Employees who are ill or those showing signs must be prohibited from coming to work.
khaleejtimes - photos

Provisions for masks and hand sanitisers

All employees/visitors are mandated to wear face masks at all times in the building/office upon entry. Non-compliance will lead to denial of entry into the premises. Hand sanitizers should be installed and purchase of masks and sanitization process should be managed by building management/companies.
khaleejtimes - photos

Physical distancing of two metres

Companies should ensure the 2-metre distancing measure is maintained in all common areas, elevators, service desks and customer service. Capacity in elevators must not exceed 30 per cent.
khaleejtimes - photos

Occupancy ceiling

Only 30 per cent of employees should work from office and the rest 70 per cent work should continue to work from home. Companies should maintain occupancy ceiling to 30 per cent in common areas and within office premises. Ensure no high-risk individuals are present at work.
khaleejtimes - photos

Office working hours

Building and office hours should not exceed eight hours daily. Meetings should be minimised. Ensure no more than 5 people are present in a meeting, with each of them maintaining a 2-metre distance and gatherings are not permitted.
khaleejtimes - photos

Suspend valet parking

Ensure valet parking is not provided to employees/visitors during this period.
khaleejtimes - photos

Communication

All restrictions must be communicated to employees and visitors. Isolation rooms should be be provided for suspected cases.
 
 
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios khaleejtimes - HUAWEI AppGallery