One killed in ammonia gas leak in Noida
Two persons lost consciousness following the gas leak.
One person was killed in the ammonia gas leak around 12 noon at Haldiram's factory in Sector 65, here, on Saturday, the police said.
Two persons lost consciousness following the gas leak. They were rushed to a private hospital. One of them, Sanjeev Kumar, 40, was declared dead on arrival.
Sanjeev, a resident of Meerut, worked as ammonia gas operator at the unit. His family has been informed about the death.
"The police reached the factory on receipt of the information. A team of National Disaster Management Authority was also called as the situation seemed serious," said Sriparna Ganguly, Additional Commissioner of Police, Gautam Budh Nagar.
The rescue team tried to evacuate the trapped employees. The gas leak had been checked, Ganguly said.
The police is yet to register a case, which could be filed after gathering of more facts.
The new Indian budget for 2020-21, which was unveiled on Saturday,... READ MORE
Two persons lost consciousness following the gas leak. READ MORE
Time-lapse videos show how quickly construction workers put up the... READ MORE
The India budget 2020-21 added to a lot of confusion over the issue. READ MORE
Ministry said that there is no cause for concern. READ MORE
Department of Education and Knowledge told parents in a text message. READ MORE
'Cures' for the coronavirus have surfaced on social media. READ MORE
Reasons for his dismissal were not mentioned. READ MORE