Boy dies after falling into steaming sambar

Filed on November 16, 2019 | Last updated on November 16, 2019 at 09.46 am
boy, dies, sambar, steaming, india, south india


A nanny pulled him out and he was taken to the hospital with burns.

A six-year-old boy died after falling into a vessel with steaming sambar (a south Indian dish made of lentils and vegetables) in a private school in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh with education and police authorities finding alleged negligence on the part of the management for the horrific incident.

Purushottam Reddy was waiting in line during lunch hour for food when he suddenly tripped and fell into the sambar. A nanny pulled him out and he was taken to the Kurnool hospital with burns. The boy died in the hospital, according to the police.
Nandyal sub-divisional police officer Chidananda Reddy said no care was taken during meal distribution in the school, as a result of which the LKG student Purushottam Reddy died on Wednesday.

Authorities also found out several violations in the school management and arrested its managing director Vijaya Kumar Reddy and correspondent Nagamalleswara Reddy based on a complaint from the students father, police said.

In fact, the hostel attached to the school was being run without mandatory permission, educational authorities said. The hostel has several hundred inmates but no proper records were maintained, the department officials, who inspected the school, found out.

Panyam tahsildar K Anuradha, who visited the school, said she would submit a report soon to the district Collector.

ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM International
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /international/india/13-luxury-cars-owned-by-indian-fugitives-on-auction-12 macro_action: article, macro_profile: , macro_adspot:
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios