Pesticide poisoning ruled out in boy’s death

 

The Primary Report, issued by the General Department of Criminology and Forensic Medicine of the Dubai Police regarding the death of the nine-year-old boy in a suspected case of food or pesticide poisoning, has revealed that the death was not caused by pesticide.

by

Amira Agarib

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Sat 28 Apr 2012, 12:19 AM

Last updated: Wed 24 Nov 2021, 2:02 PM

The Dubai Police is continuing tests and autopsy of the boy’s stomach and intestine.

Brigadier Khalil Ibrahim Al Mansouri, Director General of Department of Criminal Investigation said that the forensic reports were foundnegativewith respect toinhalation of pesticide. It was also found that sleeping or narcotic pillsdid not lead tohis death.

BrigadierAl Mansourisaid this is the first case of its kind that has been recorded since thebeginning of the year. He said investigations are still on andthe final report will be issued after the Dubai Municipality examinesthe type of bacteriain the stomach whichcould bethe cause of death. He added thatsampleshave been sent to an international laboratoryfor further testing.

Al Mansourisaid the police have interrogated family members and restaurant officials. Restaurant officials said that on the same day, about 450 meals had been served and theydid notreceiveanycomplaints from the people. The building manager where the family lives told the police that no complaints of poisoninghad been received from other tenants in the building.

Al Mansouriconfirmed that the matter is still under investigationand that the child’s body is at the General Department of Forensic Medicine where it will be kept until completion of investigations.

The special needs boy, his parents and cousin had eaten a chicken meal on the evening of April 20, at a well-known fast food restaurant. At about 9pm the family again had a meal at home. The mother and the deceased child suffered from vomiting and nausea at night the father suffered from the same symptoms on Saturday at about 4am. The family rushed to Al Baraha Hospital in Dubai. The condition of the nine-year-old boy worsened and he was declared dead on Saturday.

news@khaleejtimes.com



More news from