Covid: Suspension of events, dine-in services extended in Saudi Arabia
Restrictions could be extended even further depending on Covid cases.
Saudi Arabia has extended by 20 days restrictions on entertainment activities, gatherings, and dine-in restaurant services to curb the spread of coronavirus, state news agency SPA said on Sunday, citing an interior ministry statement.
The announcement extends a set of measures brought in ten days ago. The restrictions, which come into effect from 10pm local time on Sunday evening, could be extended again, the ministry statement said.
Earlier this month, Saudi Arabia announced the suspension of entry for non-citizens for a period of two weeks in light of surging coronavirus cases in both Gulf countries.
The preventative measures include the following restrictions:
1. Attendance at social events and gatherings should not exceed 20 people.
2. All public entertainment and events are suspended.
3. Cinemas, indoor entertainment centres and independent game centres, including those located in restaurants, malls, or other public places, gyms and sports centres are closed.
4.Dining service are suspended at restaurants and cafes and and limiting it to providing take away services without allowing any gathering that results from those external requests.
The source noted the importance of everyone's commitment, in addition to adhering to the other precautionary measures mentioned in the previous statement, related to events, meetings, gatherings, parties, and funerals.
People may also suffer from depression and anxiety. READ MORE
Kuwait registered a record daily toll of 1,716 cases on Thursday. READ MORE
The emirate had also earlier announced stricter rules. READ MORE
The elderly, those with chronic diseases and other vulnerable... READ MORE
Landmark legal reforms include equal wages for women and men;... READ MORE
Announcement shared in the latest Basic Tax Information Bulletin. READ MORE
3 types of cameras installed in Sharjah, including ones that detect... READ MORE
Ten Houthi drones targeting civilians were destroyed on Sunday. READ MORE