Comparison review between Huawei p10 plus and Samsung Galaxy S8 plus
Not all smartphone cameras are created equal.
Key highlights of the Huawei P10 Plus that we need to emphasize:
Portrait Photography: Main Focus
- Huawei camera offers innovative capabilities for portrait taking including adjustable Bokeh effect, 3D facial mapping and monochrome camera.
- Rear and front cameras co-engineered with Leica
- Not all smartphone cameras are created equal. The HUAWEI P10 Plus is the world's first smartphone with a rear Leica dual-camera Pro-Edition 2.0 and a Leica front camera co-engineered with the camera giant Leica. The Leica Dual-Camera Pro Edition 2.0 features a 12MP sensor and a 20MP monochrome with fusion algorithm that captures detailed facial features and improves image quality; it also carries a new high-class SUMMILUX-H Leica lenses and a 4-in-1 Hybrid Autofocus system with a larger F/1.8 aperture to capture more light in low-light situations.
- The Bokeh Effect is a professional photography effect making the foreground stand out and the subject prominent while blurring the background with layered but clear flare shapes - Huawei has managed to pack this feature in the P10 and P10 Plus cameras enhancing the capability of taking professional looking portrait shots.
- The 3D facial mapping capability measures the depth of faces at 190 specific points that mark the distinct features and calculate information to enhance faces in a portrait shot with 3D shading.
- The Monochrome feature is not an effect but a mono lens and one of the two dual cameras on the device. It helps users take black and white photos with enhanced and a very wide range of shades of grey in one image. With a monochrome sensor, P10/P10 plus can shoot real black and white photos directly with more details
- Studio Portraits: The artistic imaging algorithm embedded in the HUAWEI P10 Plus camera is based on extensive research of different face shapes and skin colors. By understanding the relative position of each facial feature and the uniqueness of skin type, the portrait enhancements feature on the phone will give your photos a more natural and "studio-like" look.
- Dynamic Illumination and highlights: The HUAWEI P10 Plus includes an auto-sensing algorithm which enables the phone to track environment lighting changes and automatically adjust the shooting configuration, including the AWB, shutter speed, and more, to add artistic flair and glow to your portrait shots.
Camera: Strong focus on the camera specs.
. Second generation 20 MP + 12 MP and 2x Hybrid Zoom Leica Dual-Lens camera Samsung has not yet launched dual lens camera technology.
. P10&P10Plus have higher resolution camera: maximum 20MP vs 12MP
. P10&P10Plus have dual cameras that combine detail and color for better quality image, dual-camera system is now a leading trend in the smartphone industry. S8 Plus has not used a dual lens system on their devices.
. P10&P10 Plus also support Leica Film mode to provide more color style for you to choose.
. P10&P10Plus support high quality 2x hybrid zoom (S8 PLUS only normal digital zoom)
. S8 PLUS has a fixed 3 layer selective focus with no possibility to adjust the aperture. It is slower and not suitable for moving objects.
. P10 series feature 1st Leica front camera
. P10 series with larger pixel and 2x brightness sensor offers much better low light performance
. Adaptive selfie for better group selfie shots
Body: The Huawei P10 Plus has a slim and light metal body while Samsung has a thicker, heavier body.
Design and Colors: The overall design material of the Huawei P10 give users a better, tighter grip of the device and this design feature is also an aesthetic advantage having been designed with Hyper Diamond-Cut finishing. The Huawei P10 Plus colors have been selected with the inspiration of professional experts in color at the Pantone Color Institute.
. Ultra SlimMetal unibody is stronger, more durable and more importantly premium looking
. Hyper-diamond-cut is more refreshing/new innovation, different reflection at different angle
. Samsung S8 PLUS used 3D glass which is more likely to crack compared to metal.
Battery: The Huawei P10 has a bigger battery with higher levels of fast charging technology than the Samsung S8 PLUS.
. S8 PLUS ses a smaller battery, and its bigger display consumes power much faster
. P10 series have Super Charge, low voltage/safer faster charging solution, Samsung S8 PLUS uses older generation slow charge
. Wireless charging is slow and not flexible(can't pick up the device during charging), and its requires additional expensive accessories. Charging device is less portable.
Memory: The Huawei P10 Plus has a bigger memory RAM configuration - 6GB/128GB vs. 4GB/64GB (Samsung S8 PLUS)
. Kirin 960 / Snapdragon 835 and ExynoS8 Plus895 are same generation of flagship processor with similar CPU single/multi-core benchmark performance.
. P10 Plus has more RAM
. P10 series has Ultra Memory technology to use memory more efficiently for better performance over long time