Emergencies
Logo
 

5 of a family rescued as fire breaks out in Sharjah flat

Afkar Abdullah /Sharjah
afkarali@khaleejtimes.com Filed on November 15, 2020
Illustrative photo

(alamy.com/ae)

They have been discharged from hospital

Five members of a family suffered suffocation as a fire broke out in their flat in Sharjah, authorities have said. The incident was reported in Al Butaina on Sunday morning.

The Sharjah Civil Defence was alerted about the blaze at 11am. The firefighters rescued the five family members and rushed them to the nearest hospital. They were discharged later in the day, officials said.

A senior official said the fire broke out in a room of the second-floor apartment. Swift action from the civil defence ensured that the blaze did not spread to other flats in the residential building.

afkarali@khaleejtimes.com

Afkar Abdullah





ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM News
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /apps/pbcs.dll/article?avis=KT&date=20201126&category=ARTICLE&lopenr=201129213&Ref=AR&profile=1876 macro_action: article, macro_profile: , macro_adspot:
 
 
 
 
 
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios khaleejtimes - HUAWEI AppGallery