Dubai shop worker molests teen after luring him inside


Dubai shop worker molests teen after luring him inside

Dubai - The accused fled the scene shortly after.


Marie Nammour

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Mon 17 Jun 2019, 5:53 PM

Last updated: Mon 17 Jun 2019, 7:58 PM

A 29-year-old man was charged at a Dubai court after he allegedly sexually harassed a teenage boy at the shop where he worked.
The Court of First Instance heard how the Afghan man lured the 16-year-old Emirati student into the shop on the pretext he would show him some Arabic attires.
However, the boy realised there it was a 'women's only' clothes shop. He left the shop in a state of panic after the worker molested him.
The defendant denied an attempted sodomy charge in the court.
The incident allegedly took place on April 7 this year. It was reported at Naif police station. The defendant has been placed in detention following the complaint.
During investigation, the teenager recounted that the defendant met him in Naif Souq and offered to show him traditional clothes at the shop where he worked.
"Once in the shop, I realised it sells only women's clothes. As no one was around, the defendant seized the opportunity and touched me inappropriately. He was also asking very private and personal questions. He touched me again during the conversation."
The accused fled the scene shortly after.
The boy's father recalled to the prosecutor that he learned about the incident from his wife. "My wife was with our son at Naif Souq when he went to a shop to see some clothes. But then the incident happened. Our son lodged a complaint at the police station."
A policeman said he reported to the shop after receiving the complaint. "When I confronted the worker about the kind of clothes they sell, he remained silent. We checked the surveillance cameras there and the victim was seen running out. He looked scared and embarrassed."
The duration of the footage, which was enclosed to the case file, is 3 minutes and 42 seconds. It only shows the time the victim spent inside the shop. However, the incident itself was not caught on cameras, as indicated in the report from the general directorate of criminal evidence and forensics.
A ruling will be issued on June 27.

More news from