Coronavirus: Full list of updated fines for violating Covid-19 measures in UAE
Third-time offenders could face up to six months in jail and/or a minimum fine of Dh100,000.
An updated list of fines and penalties for violating Covid-19 precautionary measures announced last month remains in force across the UAE, a top official warned on Saturday. This came as authorities observed an increase in the number of violations after the night-time movement restrictions were lifted.
Salem Al Zaabi, acting chief of prosecution of the Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee at the Federal Public Prosecution, said: "The fine will be doubled for those found repeating the violation. Third-time offenders could face up to six months in jail and/or a minimum fine of Dh100,000."
Here is the updated list of fines and penalties that was announced on May 19.
For individuals, families, communities
- Hosting gatherings and inviting people over: Dh10,000
- Attending a gathering as a guest: Dh5,000
- Having more than three passengers in a vehicle: Dh3,000
- Private tutors violating rules: Dh30,000 (and Dh20,000 for whoever hosts the tutor)
- Failure to maintain social distancing at work or other places like shops and restaurants: Dh3,000 per person involved, Dh5,000 for institutions
At the workplace
- Not wearing masks at work, offices: Dh5,000 for the company, Dh500 for the employee
On Covid-19 screenings
- Failure to comply with home quarantine rules: Dh50,000
- Failure to download the smart app for tracking and failure to carry smartphones (for those who tested positive for Covid): Dh10,000
- Tampering with the tracking device or app installed by authorities: Dh20,000
- Refusing to do a Covid test: Dh5,000
The UAE Embassy in India has warned desperate travellers about... READ MORE
It was unclear whether the new testing requirements would apply to... READ MORE
Singapore has inoculated 75% of its population with at least one dose. READ MORE
'The second time was much worse than the first' READ MORE
The world fair has several of its pavilions designed with children... READ MORE
The Nafis programme aims to increase the number of UAE nationals in... READ MORE
PM Imran Khan took the initiative after meetings with leaders of... READ MORE
Residents recall how they had to sometimes postpone meetings because... READ MORE