Emirates expands multi-risk travel insurance coverage
Dubai carrier was the first airline to offer complimentary global Covid-19 cover for travellers back in July
Emirates airline on Monday announced an expanded multi-risk travel cover on top of its current Covid-19 cover at no additional cost to its customers.
Provided by AIG Travel, this cover is the first of its kind in the airline and travel insurance industry. It is designed to provide all Emirates passengers a truly unique offer for stress-free and hassle-free travel.
This new multi-risk travel insurance and Covid-19 cover will automatically apply to all Emirates tickets purchased from December 1, and extends to Emirates codeshare flights operated by partner airlines, as long as the ticket number starts with 176.
"Emirates was the first airline to offer complimentary global Covid-19 cover for travellers back in July, and the response from our customers has been tremendously encouraging. We've not rested on our laurels and instead continued to look at how we can offer our customers an even better proposition. We're very pleased to be able to now provide this new multi-risk travel insurance and Covid-19 cover, which is another industry first, to all our customers,” said Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, chairman and CEO of Emirates.
Strong appetite for travel in winter
"We see a strong appetite for travel around the world, especially heading into the winter holidays as people seek warmer climates and family destinations like Dubai. By launching this new multi-risk travel insurance and Covid-19 cover, we aim to give our customers even more confidence in making their travel plans this winter and moving into 2021."
Emirates customers will be covered when they fly to any destination, in any class of travel. Highlights of the coverage include:
• Out-of-Country Emergency Medical Expenses & Emergency Medical Evacuation up to $500,000, valid for Covid-19 (contracted during the trip) and other medical emergencies while traveling abroad.
• Trip Cancellation up to $7,500 for non-refundable costs if the traveler or a relative (as defined in the policy) is unable to travel because they are diagnosed with Covid-19 before the scheduled trip departure date, or for other named reasons - similar to other comprehensive travel cover products.
• Trip Cancellation or Curtailment up to $7,500 if the school year is extended due to Covid-19 beyond the departure date, and the traveler or a relative (as defined in the policy) is a full-time teacher, full-time employee, or a student at a primary or secondary school.
• Trip Curtailment up to $7,500 for non-refundable trip costs and additional costs to return to their country of residence if the traveler or a relative (as defined in the policy) falls critically ill, for instance, contracts Covid-19 while traveling abroad.
• Travel Abandonment up to $7,500 if the traveller fails a Covid-19-related test or medical screening at the airport and is required to abandon the trip.
• $150 per day per person, for up to 14 consecutive days if, while outside of their country of residence, the traveler tests positive for Covid-19, and if they are unexpectedly placed into a mandatory quarantine outside their country of residence by a governmental body.
"We have enjoyed a long-standing relationship with Emirates and we are excited to work with them to tailor this product to meet the needs of Emirates customers worldwide," said Jeff Rutledge, CEO, AIG Travel. "Our hope is to help alleviate some of the concerns travelers may have when planning travel during this time."
Similar to other multi-risk travel insurance products, Emirates' generous cover also has provisions for personal accidents during travel, winter sports cover, loss of personal belongings, and trip disruptions due to unexpected air space closure, travel recommendations or advisories.
Customers do not need to register or fill in any forms before they travel, and they are not obligated to utilize this cover provided by Emirates.
Neighbours using the app can engage with an interactive map of their... READ MORE
Significant achievements of the country including the adoption of... READ MORE
Limestone Lab aims to create impactful and meaningful experiences for ... READ MORE
Tourism 365, part of Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec),... READ MORE
This is in line with the directives of Sheikh Mohammed. READ MORE
Business licensing activity surpasses pre-pandemic levels to record... READ MORE
Brand Dubai and Dubai Municipality said the selected participants... READ MORE
He befriended her through social media and invited for a get-together READ MORE