10 tips to help you store your makeup
From tiffin boxes to cake stands, there are a lot of things you can use to hold your beauty products
Even a small amount of makeup can make your bathroom or vanity case look messy and cluttered. If you are over-the-top like me then you, too, would probably arrange makeup together by product, by brand, and then by colour. A well-maintained vanity case can really be a beautiful thing because makeup addicts, by rule, often tend to get too busy to keep their treasure trove looking absolutely terrific.
Here are some unconventional ways to organise your beauty products using things you probably already own. So, say goodbye to your messy makeup drawer and medicine cabinet. These super-smart solutions will help you clear clutter, so you'll never lose another eyeshadow or nail polish again:
1. Acrylic Storage Box: When you cram your cosmetics into drawers and cabinets, it can be very hard to find what you're looking for. Use clear acrylic drawers so you can scan without digging through 20 different lip glosses.
2. Divide and Rule: Drawer dividers make your makeup drawer look instantly organised. Take it a step further by grouping together similar items: store lip products together, blushes together by consistency, creams and powders separately. I go a step further by arranging them to close shades, meaning all my pink blushes stay together, all green eyeshadows together, and so forth.
3. Recycle: Want to keep your makeup brushes organised in a pretty way but don't want to buy new things to get your room in order? Try repurposing items you have. Use pretty mason jars or empty candle holders to keep your brushes and mascara in line. While travelling, toss your eye-brushes into a sunglasses' case so you won't lose them, and you can put dry brushes into zip-lock bags when on the go.
4. Racking: Use a spice rack as a shelf for your perfume bottles. They're easy to decorate and act as great beauty room décor with glittering glass perfume bottles on top.
5. Kitchenware: Separate your eyeliners and mascara on a dish organiser to arrange your makeup drawer. I use it to store my eye brushes and further divide them by blending brush, pack on brush, eyeliner brush and so on.
6. Magazine Holder: Since I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes that vary in sizes, I use the magazine holders for all big palettes like Morphe, Lorac. Use a desk file organiser to display and store them. This way, you can arrange them even closer to shade spectrum.
7. Zpalette: Many of you might have single eyeshadows so try to depot these single shadows and place them in an empty makeup storage case like Zpalette. These palettes can be used for powder blushes, bronzers and highlighters as well. Another easy way: Stick your eyeshadow singles into ice tray slots so you can see all the shades at once.
8. Tiffin boxes: Line your drawers with plastic food containers, which are super affordable, and come in clear varieties, to neatly organise cotton balls, sponges and other makeup application tools.
9. Beverage Bottle: Stack your hair ties on a pretty, decorative glass bottle. You can repurpose smooth or even indented plastic water bottles for this, but you might have to chuck those for recycling every few weeks.
10. Cake and Bake: I haven't ever baked a cake but I have the most amazing collection of cake stands and cake tier stands. I use them purely for stacking my beauty products. They sit very beautifully on your vanity table and make it easy for you to drop them and then clean up over the weekend.