1) David Gregory Roberts loves the pulse of Mumbai in his book Shantaram and it is a mutual feeling for the people of Mumbai. They gave him an affectionate name. What is that name?
2) In Colombia, just after the Great War, an old man falls from a ladder; dying, he professes great love for his wife. After the funeral, a man calls on the widow — she dismisses him angrily. One of Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s finer books made into a movie of the same title.Name the book.
3) The true story of the Irish enchantress Brida O’Fern, and her path through the Wicca pagan tradition, is portrayed in which book?
4) Name Barack Hussein Obama’s first book.
5) P G Wodehouse is renowned for his Jeeves and Wooster stories. Who was the lead character in his Uncle Fred stories?
— Compiled by Jethu Abraham
The winner of this quiz will get an AED 100 gift voucher redeemable at any of Jashanmal’s Bookstores. In case there are more than one set of correct replies, the winner will be chosen
by a lucky draw. Send in your entries to
email@example.com, along with your full name, age and contact details.
April 10 Books Quiz winner
Lata Nakra, Principal on educating and nurturing tomorrow’s leaders today at JSSIS
Supplements1 hour ago
Spot gold was flat at $1,785.58 per ounce at 9.10 am UAE time.
Markets1 hour ago
Five-year agreement for provision of drilling, workover and well services to Adnoc Onshore; Contract reinforces Adnoc Drilling’s unique position as sole drilling services provider to Adnoc
Energy1 hour ago
The spokesperson in Sindh said the infection was found in an unvaccinated patient.
coronavirus1 hour ago