Pesticide death: Pakistani boy to be laid to rest today in Sharjah

 

Pesticide death: Pakistani boy to be laid to rest today in Sharjah

Sharjah - The tragic incident happened after neighbours used banned pesticide last week causing the death of the boy on Friday.

by

Afkar Ali Ahmed

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Tue 28 May 2019, 7:00 PM

Last updated: Wed 29 May 2019, 3:44 PM

The 10-year-old Pakistani boy who died after inhaling toxic gas from a neighbour's apartment in Sharjah's Al Nahda area, will be laid to rest on Wednesday (May 29).
His father, Shefi Ulleh Niazi, said the documents to release the body of his son Khuzaimah Khan have been finalised and the funeral will take place at Al Sahaba mosque in Sharjah after Al Asr prayers. "My daughter Komal is doing better and will be discharged from hospital today," he said, adding that they will try to break the brother's death news to her before the burial.
The tragic incident happened after neighbours used banned pesticide last week causing the death of the boy on Friday.
Khuzaimah was pronounced dead on arrival while his twin sister Komal was admitted to the intensive care unit of Al Qasimi Hospital.
The parents were also treated at the hospital, which reported the incident to Sharjah Police the same morning.
Officers investigating the incident found and seized 32 pesticide tablets from the neighbouring apartment.
Tests confirmed the use of banned aluminium phosphide, which can cause heart inflammation and multi-organ failure. The use of this chemical is banned for individuals, and is only available for commercial buyers, said Brig-Gen Ahmed Al Serkal, head of Sharjah Police criminal laboratory.
As per law, the person who used the pesticides can face up to five years in prison on a charge of risking peoples' safety that resulted in death and the injury of three others," said Rasmi Ragy, senior counsel at Charles Russell Speechlys Dubai office.
afkarali@khaleejtimes.com
 


More news from