One dead as fire breaks out in Dubai restaurant

Top Stories

dubai restaurant fire, one dead, gas explosion

Dubai - The fire resulted from an explosion caused by a gas leak


Marie Nammour

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Mon 31 Aug 2020, 12:00 AM

Last updated: Tue 1 Sep 2020, 8:45 AM

An Asian man was killed after a gas leak caused a fire in a restaurant in Dubai early Monday morning, the authorities said.
The fire that razed the dining outlet at a four-storey building in Dubai International City 2 was reported at 4.31am, according to the Dubai Civil Defence. The victim was at the restaurant when the incident happened.
A team from the Nad Al Shiba Fire and Rescue Centre rushed to the site and evacuated residents. By 4.54am, the fire had been put out.
Police investigations are now under way.

More news from