Sharjah school shut due to short circuit fire

Sharjah school shut due to short circuit fire

Sharjah - Teachers and 579 students were evacuated and no injuries or cases of asphyxiation were reported.



By Afkar Abdullah

Published: Wed 9 Sep 2015, 12:00 AM

Last updated: Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:35 AM

The Sharjah Model School for Boys was shut after a fire broke out in the teacher's room due to a short circuit on Tuesday morning.
Teachers and 579 students were evacuated and no injuries or cases of asphyxiation were reported.
Major Saeed Al Suwaidi, Director of Fire Stations in Sharjah, said that they received a call at 9 am about the fire. Fire fighters from Dasman Police Station who reached the school within three minutes prevented the fire from spreading to other part of the building. They put out the fire in eight minutes.
Deputy School Director Amina Ahmed said that they send students back to their homes when the smoke grew very thick, and classes will resume on Thursday.
She added that there is a lack of fire-fighting equipment in the school and the staff needs training to use them in such emergency situations.
afkarali@khaleejtimes.com


More news from