12-year-old dies 3 days after being diagnosed with viral fever

 

12-year-old dies 3 days after being diagnosed with viral fever

London - Dylan died due to sepsis infection which had been brought on by flu B illness.

By Web Report

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Tue 30 Jan 2018, 11:22 AM

Last updated: Tue 30 Jan 2018, 1:39 PM

A 12-year-old boy's family is devastated after he died of sepsis just three days after being diagnosed with a viral infection on January 20 in Stoke, UK.
Dylan Day was taken to a GP after he fell sick and complained of a headache and sore throat. However, within hours Dylan had to be rushed to Royal Stoke University Hospital in an ambulance after his breathing became difficult and had to be transferred to Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool for specialist treatment, according to Mirror. Dylan died due to sepsis infection which had been brought on by flu B illness.
After the loss of their son, the heart-broken parents are now urging other parents to be aware of the symptoms of sepsis, or blood poisoning. Sarah, 36, said, "We felt desperate and helpless. All I could do was kiss and hold him. It was horrific, it all happened so quickly. If parents know the symptoms or spot them, ask if it could be sepsis."
The grieving mother described Dylan as a thoughtful and lovely boy who played football for Leek CSOB under-14s. Dylan's team's match against Kidsgrove Spitfires, which had been due to be played the morning after his death, was postponed as a mark of respect.
The North Staffordshire's football community expressed their emotions over Dylan's death and an online appeal has so far raised almost £13,000. The family has not yet decided how the money will be spent.
 



More news from