FIA rejects Ferrari's request to review Vettel penalty

 

FIA rejects Ferraris request to review Vettel penalty
Sebastian Vettel

London - FIA ruled that Chandok's video was "new but not significant and relevant"

By Reuters

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Fri 21 Jun 2019, 10:39 PM

Last updated: Sat 22 Jun 2019, 12:41 AM

Ferrari's right to review Sebastian Vettel's penalty which cost him victory at the Canadian Grand Prix earlier this month has been rejected, the FIA said on Friday.
Among the new evidence that was presented included a Sky Sports video analysis performed by former Formula One driver and television presenter Karun Chandok and video footage of Vettel's face camera.
However, the FIA ruled that Chandok's video was "new but not significant and relevant" and that it was the "personal opinion by a third party" while Vettel's face camera footage could be "seen within other available video."
The FIA said that other evidence presented by Ferrari such as analysis of telemetry data of Vettel's car, various other camera angles of the incident, post-race video images and Vettel's witness statement were already available. 
 



More news from