32 Filipino crew members of tankers attacked in Gulf are safe

 

32 Filipino crew members of tankers attacked in Gulf are safe

Abu Dhabi - Two tankers were hit in suspected attacks in the Gulf of Oman last week.

by

Angel Tesorero

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Wed 19 Jun 2019, 2:08 PM

Thirty-two Filipino crew members of the two tankers that were allegedly attacked on Thursday in the Gulf of Oman are in good condition and awaiting repatriation, the top Filipino diplomat said on Tuesday.
Hjayceelyn M. Quintana, Philippine Ambassador to the UAE, met with the 11 Filipino seamen of the MT Front Altair and the 21 Filipino seamen of the MT Kokuka Courageous in two separate meetings.
Through the kind assistance of UAE authorities, Quintana said that she is happy to report that "all Filipino seafarers are unharmed and in good condition."
"The seafarers are appreciative of the concern extended to them by the Philippine government and all those involved in their rescue. The manning agencies are now looking after the crews' wellbeing and are dealing with their repatriation," she said in a statement sent to Khaleej Times.
Two tankers were hit in suspected attacks in the Gulf of Oman, a month after a similar incident in which four tankers in the region were struck.
angel@khaleejtimes.com



More news from