An official from the Philippine Consulate General (PCG) has confirmed that four suspects, accused of breaking into a villa occupied by five Filipinas last Saturday in Hor Al Anz have been identified by the victims at the Muraqabat Police station.

By Criselda E Diala

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Wed 23 Nov 2005, 1:12 PM

Last updated: Thu 2 Apr 2015, 3:08 PM

During the burglary, they raped one woman, stabbed another in the chest and neck, and stole money and other valuables. The official, Rafael Palencia, Assistant to Nationals' Coordinator at the PCG, refused to divulge the details of the case as it was still under investigation.

One of the victims told City Timeso that they continued to stay at the same villa after the incident because they had no other place to go.

"We sought the assistance of the Philippine Consulate with regard to the following up of the police case and medical assistance for our room-mate because we have no money to support her treatment," she said.

She narrated that on Saturday at around 11.30 pm two men suddenly swooped on her room-mate while she was drying her laundry at the rooftop. They demanded her mobile phone and she gave it immediately.

On handing over the mobile, they managed entry into the villa at knife point. Having realised all the occupants were female, the men returned, but only to come back a little later with two more accomplices.

The lady said they raped the youngest of the five, 26-year-old M.M (name withheld) and stabbed another who tried to defend her friend.

"We were initially shocked and scared. We saw M.M. crying while being raped in front of us and we couldn't do anything because the assailants were armed with knives," she narrated.

Eventually, though, she mustered the guts to tell the assailants that they were committing a crime against the Muslim faith, stirring the ire of the suspects.

"At that moment, we knew it was time we fought them off," she said. Two of the women, including the one who spoke to City Times, sustained bruises during the encounter, where as another sustained head injury after being hit by a metal rod.

However, they have all recovered from the injuries, which were minor.

Eduardo Mendoza Jr, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) officer, noted that condition of the woman who sustained stab injuries wasstable and she was fast recuperating at the Rashid Hospital.

More news from