“Saudi Arabia’s Communications and Information Technology Commission has ordered host companies in the kingdom to block this movie from Internet users and has also requested Google to block all YouTube links carrying the film,” SPA reported.
“If this request is not met, the commission will block YouTube altogether,” SPA said, also quoting the Saudi telecoms as urging citizens to report any links through which the film can be viewed.
The low-budget film incited a wave of bloody anti-American violence in cities across the Muslim world which targeted symbols of US influence ranging from embassies and schools to fast food chains.
At least 30 people have died so far in unrest connected to the film in over 20 countries.
Among those killed were the US ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and three other Americans in an attack last week on the US consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi.
Saudi Arabia on Thursday condemned the American film but also denounced the deadly attacks in reaction to it.
Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh have blocked access to YouTube after the video-sharing website failed to take down the initially obscure film, believed to have been produced by a small group of extremists in the United States.
The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Yemen have ordered blocking access to all websites carrying the video.
Google has denied access to the videos in Malaysia, Indonesia, Libya, Egypt and India.
And the Russian communications minister on Tuesday warned that his country could follow suit.
“It sounds like a joke, but because of this video... all of YouTube could be blocked throughout Russia,” minister Nikolai Nikiforov wrote on Twitter, about the anti-Islam film.
“If there is a court decision and YouTube does not take off the video, then access will be limited.”
Through their work, they have displayed the beauty of the sea, desert and the heritage as well as its people and wildlife
48,780 people have also been wounded in the war, a spokesman said