No change in civilian flight paths after Qatar fighter plane incident: UAE

No change in civilian flight paths after Qatar fighter plane incident: UAE

Qatari war planes flew 'dangerously close' to two UAE civilian aircraft.



By Reuters

Published: Wed 28 Mar 2018, 7:21 PM

Last updated: Thu 29 Mar 2018, 11:57 AM

UAE will not change its civilian flight paths, the head of the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) said on Tuesday, a day after Qatari war planes of flew 'dangerously close' to two civilian aircraft.
Asked if any changes would be made to civilian routes, the chairman of the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), Sultan bin Saeed al-Mansouri, told Reuters: "We have no plans at the present time."
The UAE called the incident - which Qatar denied - a "provocative action", and said it had already reported two similar events to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the United Nations' aviation agency.
Speaking on the sidelines of a conference in Dubai, Mansouri, who is also the minister of economy, said the UAE would now complain to the ICAO again.


More news from WORLD