Issaq Saeed: Only Egyptian to survive savage beheading

Top Stories

Issaq Saeed: Only Egyptian to survive savage beheading

Saeed pointed out that they agreed together to separate and hide in farms until they somehow got a chance to return home.

By Staff Report

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Wed 18 Feb 2015, 9:48 AM

Last updated: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 9:56 PM

Cairo- Issaq Saeed, the only Egyptian who survived the savage beheading of 21 Egyptians by terrorists in Libya recently, said that he and all slain Egyptians had been planning to go back home (Egypt) due to the deteriorating situation in Libya.

Saeed pointed out that they agreed together to separate and hide in farms until they somehow got a chance to return home.

In an interview with a correspondent of Egypt’s Al Hayah TV satellite channel on Tuesday, Saeed said: “On December 27 last year, the kidnapped Egyptians had been on their way back home to Egypt. They walked out from Libyan city of Misrata at exactly 1:05 am. Unfortunately, at 1:40 am, one of them called his uncle and informed him that the Libya’s Ansar Al Sharia militants had detained them. Since then, no information was made available about them”, according to Bawabat Al Fajr news website.

Saeed sprang a surprise saying that the militia was targeting just Christians.

Clarifying, he said a Muslim fellow called Islam was with him, but upon knowing he was Muslim, the terrorist group (Ansar Al Sharia) set him free. Islam told them that he saw a list containing names of only Christian with the militants.

news@khaleejtimes.com


More news from