Video: Car catches fire after driver lights up cigarette, uses hand sanitiser
The event happened on Thursday evening at a shopping centre in US.
In a bizarre accident, a car caught fire after its driver smoked a cigarette and proceeded to use hand sanitiser.
According to Eyewitness News, the event happened on Thursday evening at a shopping centre in Maryland, USA. Along with photos, news helicopters captured dramatic footage of the fire.
ICYMI (~530p) vehicle fire at Federal Plaza, 12200blk Rockville Pike, near Trader Joe’s & Silver Diner, @mcfrs PE723, M723, AT723 & FM722 were on scene (news helicopter video) pic.twitter.com/TeAynaGsgp— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) May 13, 2021
The hand sanitiser is believed to have ignited on contact with the lit cigarette and set the car on fire.
"Using hand sanitiser and smoking a cigarette is a bad combo in unventilated areas like a car," said officials from the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.
According to firefighters, the driver was taken to the hospital with minor burns and his injuries are non-life threatening.
The vehicle was a total loss.
Official says the rationale for immunising children was to stop... READ MORE
Modi and US Vice President Kamala Harris discuss efforts to improve... READ MORE
MV X-Press Pearl started sinking a day after authorities extinguished ... READ MORE
UK PM has warned that it could derail plans for lockdown restrictions ... READ MORE
The 20,000 sq. ft lab can process 100,000 samples daily. READ MORE
This will do away with the need of physically carrying their... READ MORE
Shah, who has travelled to over 30 countries to work on projects, has ... READ MORE
Dubai Airports on Sunday said it would reopen Terminal 1 at DXB on... READ MORE