Choose your face mask wisely
The new, post-pandemic world has changed fashion. It's our responsibility to look after our health and protect ourselves and others by wearing a mask. That is the new fashion-proofed normal. But it doesn't hurt to choose the right one according to your face shape and skin tone.
We have accepted the fact that it's just like wearing a jacket for a professional environment; wearing a mask is non-negotiable. So let's choose the elegant ones that can be in our pockets and our clutch with fashionable pride.
1. Wear the right colour: Invest in colours that complement your skin tone. For ladies, it's like choosing a nude or a French nail polish. Choose a colour that goes with every attire. For the gentleman, you have two options, either go for entirely nude ones that go with everything or invest in classic business attire colours, like power blue, brown, ivory etc. However, avoid black and white. For ladies, my personal favourite would be nude, muted pink, and any colour closest to your skin tone.
2. Customise your mask according to the shape of your face: Just like you wouldn't opt for ill-fitted trousers, you shouldn't be wearing the wrong size mask for your face. Choose the right fit, pleats, and shapes. Ladies would opt for smaller sizes than gentlemen. An ill-fitted mask would destroy your first impression. Also, opt for pre-stitched pleats, which gives an excellent contour around your face.
3. Avoid, loud prints and patterns: Choose solids or very minimalist prints and avoid bold prints which would distract your eye to face visual impact. It would also be distracting for the eye to eye contact with any bold prints or fun symbol. It's okay for someone under the age of 16, or someone who takes himself too casually to care about worldly elegance, but for an adult in the professional world who would like to be perceived as a credible individual, one should choose a mask which is least distracting with bold colour, prints and patterns.
4. Choose luxurious and breathable fabrics: Customise your masks with breathable, very high quality, high thread count material. It's an investment, and it has now become a part of your daily life. So go for very high-quality cotton.
5. Monogram it: Just for that little touch of exclusivity, one can always monogram it with initials. Life has anyway become quite stiff with so many restrictions, a little bit of exclusivity and feel-good factor doesn't hurt. It's like a customised shirt or wearing your favourite jewellery.
I hope you found these tips useful. Till next week, #beextraordinary.