Recipe of the week: Gajar ka Halwa
1 kg carrot
2 litres milk
30 gm ghee
2-3 pc green cardamom
60 gm sugar
Cashew nut, for garnish
· Wash and peel the carrots. Using a thick grater, grate the carrot.
· In a thick bottomed pan, heat the milk.
· Lower the heat and reduce the milk by half.
· Once the milk has reduced, add in the grated carrot. Cook till the carrot gets soft and all the milk is incorporated.
· In a separate pan, heat ghee and add in the cardamom and sugar. As the sugar dissolves, add in the cooked carrot.
· Cook till the ghee starts separating from the mixture.
· Garnish with fried cashew nuts. Serve warm.