Woman lures man with sex for Dh80 in Dubai, robs him of Dh2,500, to be jailed

Woman, lures, man, sex, Dh80, Dubai, robs, Dh2,500

Dubai - The woman will be deported, as per the court ruling.

Follow us on Google News-khaleejtimes


Marie Nammour

Published: Tue 10 Mar 2020, 4:00 PM

Last updated: Tue 10 Mar 2020, 6:25 PM

A woman, who robbed a man together with her accomplice after luring him with paid sex, was sentenced to one year in jail on Tuesday, March 10.
The Dubai Court of First Instance found the 22-year-old Nigerian woman guilty of multiple charges, including prostitution, assault and robbery.
It referred her along with the man, a Cameroon national, to the Court of Misdemeanors on charges including having illicit consensual sex.
The woman will be deported, as per the court ruling.
Public prosecution records show that on November 15 last year, the woman, who is a prostitute, lured the man into sex for Dh80. However, the man was shortly later robbed of Dh2,500 and assaulted by that woman and her accomplice of her nationality.
The woman was charged with working in prostitution and overstaying her visa without paying the fine. She was also accused of having illicit sex with the robbery victim. The latter was charged with illicit consensual sex, residency breach and consuming alcohol without a permit. The incident was reported at the Al Muraqqabat police station.
All the three defendants have been placed in detention.
"On the day of the incident, I was terminated by the auto workshop, where I worked, and paid Dh5,500 in dues. I put Dh2,500 in my pocket and the rest in my undergarments that I was wearing then," the Cameroon man, 23, said. "At 8pm that day, I was walking with a friend in Abu Hail, when we came across the woman accused. She invited me to her flat to have sex for Dh80."
He recounted how he shortly later discovered that the money he kept in his pocket was missing. "When I asked about my money, the woman screamed saying she did not know where it was. Her accomplice then punched me in the face," he said.
The victim's friend and another man of their nationality then got inside the flat that is partitioned and divided by curtains. The victim was then advised to leave and forget about the money to avoid trouble. But he insisted on calling the police. Other men, who were involved, fled the scene by the time the police arrived.
"I was with him that night. I heard him screaming about half an hour after he had gone with the woman. When I went up to see what was going on, I saw him being assaulted and learned from him that he had just been robbed. But the suspects claimed to the police later that he (my friend) had barged inside the place and raped the woman, which is not true," the victim's friend, a 36-year-old, told the prosecution investigator.
A police lieutenant said that even though the woman claimed she was raped, he had doubts about her story because there was no sign of forceful entry into the place.
The ruling is subject to appeal.

More news from