Video: Fire breaks out at staff accommodation in Dubai

Dubai, fire, UAE

Dubai - The fire started at around 3.30am in a store room at the a hotel staff accommodation.



By Saman Haziq

Published: Tue 3 Dec 2019, 11:00 PM

Last updated: Thu 5 Dec 2019, 8:31 AM

A fire broke out in a hotel staff accommodation in Al Qouz 4 (opposite Springdales School) in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.
According to sources, the fire started at around 3.30am in a store room at the Roda hotel staff accommodation and gradually engulfed the building.
The source said that apparently the workers were enjoying the long holiday break and had organised a small get together in the area where someone reportedly left a burning cigarette butt that is said to be the cause of the fire.
Since the area has a lot of stored furniture and inflammable items, the fire soon spread to other rooms as well.
However, the security soon evacuated the staff and informed the civil defense and police who have cordoned off the area and are now in the process of containing the fire.
We are yet to receive confirmation on the exact cause of the fire from the police.
The initial reports about the fire breaking out in Springdales School were incorrect.
When contacted the school authorities said the school was unaffected by the fire and things were normal.

saman@khaleejtimes.com

 
 


More news from UAE