Police crack murder case dubbed as suicide in 24 hours

Top Stories

Police crack murder case dubbed as suicide in 24 hours

Ras Al Khaimah - It was made to look like a suicide

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Sun 17 Sep 2017, 11:32 AM

Last updated: Sun 17 Sep 2017, 12:16 PM

The Ras Al Khaimah Police have cracked a murder case that was initially reported as suicide, in just 24 hours.

Despite the effort of the accused to remove and hide all evidence of his crime, the efficient and alert CID men delved deep and found out that the man did not commit suicide and was actually killed, according to a top officer.
"Investigations showed that the murderer was an Asian worker," said Major General Ali Abdullah bin Alwan Al Nuaimi, commander-in-chief of the RAK Police.

CID director Brigadier Abdullah Ali Menakhas on Saturday said they were first alerted by the central operations room about an Asian worker found dead in his own room at a labour camp in Ras Al Khaimah.
"The CID men rushed to the scene, and discovered a body of an Asian worker with a piece of cloth wrapped around his neck in a way which showed that he apparently committed suicide. The sleuths collected all evidence from the spot."  

All the inputs gathered showed that the victim did commit suicide, he added. "The murderer set up the entire scene to mislead the police, but the CID men probed each and every bit of information collected and solved the murder."

The way the body was laid in the room aroused the CID men's suspicions and they looked at the entire episode from different angles. This helped them unravel the murder and arrest the culprit, he underlined.
However, it was not an easy job.
"Initially, the body was referred to the forensic section to identify the real reasons behind the man's death, and a special team was formed to collect and analyse more details on the apparent suicide."
There were many suspects, but the CID men reduced the long list to only two. The sleuths were certain that the murderer was close to the victim," Menakhas said.
The suspect admitted to his crime which he attributed to a heated argument and dispute with the victim during which the latter allegedly hurled abuses at him, he explained.
"The duo fought for some time until the suspect knocked the victim down and strangled him to death using a piece of cloth. After this, he laid him on his bed, and covered all evidence."
The suspect then shut down the door of the room to mislead the policemen and make it appear like a case of suicide. "The forensic report proved that the victim did not commit suicide and was strangled."
The suspect was later referred to the RAK public prosecution for legal action, Brig. said.  "All business owners need to keep an eye on their workers, mainly their accommodation, to prevent such crimes, report suspicious acts, and solve their disputes in an amicable way," he added.

More news from