New rule for name changing

DUBAI - The Philippine embassy has announced that all Filipinos wishing to change their original registered names must file a petition with the appropriate court in the Philippines to effect such change.

By (By a staff reporter)

  • Follow us on
  • google-news
  • whatsapp
  • telegram

Published: Thu 12 Feb 2004, 12:25 PM

Last updated: Wed 25 Jan 2023, 4:22 PM

This is pursuant to Article 412 of the New Civil Code of the Philippines.

The petition will request to change or correct the birth record entry in the civil registry of the Office of the Local Civil Registrar where the birth is originally registered pursuant to the provisions of the New Civil Code and Rules of Court of the Philippines.

More news from UAE