LPG blast injures father, son in UAQ

Umm Al Quwain - The father and 7-year-old son were cooking and were alone at the home in Al Bilad area

Follow us on Google News-khaleejtimes

Published: Tue 6 Oct 2015, 12:00 AM

Last updated: Tue 6 Oct 2015, 10:00 AM

An Egyptian father and his 7-year-old son were injured after an LPG cylinder went off at their home on Sunday in Umm Al Quwain.
According to sources, the father and son were cooking and were alone at the home in Al Bilad area, which was badly damaged in the fire.
"The Central Operations Room, alerted of the mishap, dispatched civil defence fighters, rescue teams and paramedics to the site in a record time. They provided first aids to the injured and shifted them to the UAQ Hospital for medical care."
"The rest of family members, who were outdoors, were spared from the fire which destroyed all the windows of the apartment, along with the kitchen, hall and parts of the bedrooms."
Initial investigations show that the LPG cylinder blast was due to a gas leak. "When the father turned on the switch of a light, the cooker caught fire, and the duo received several burns."

More news from