Dubai
Logo
 

Video: Fire breaks out at staff accommodation in Dubai

Saman Haziq/Dubai
Filed on December 4, 2019 | Last updated on December 4, 2019 at 04.53 pm
Dubai, fire, UAE

(Photo: Neeraj Murali/KT)

The fire started at around 3.30am in a store room at the a hotel staff accommodation.

A fire broke out in a hotel staff accommodation in Al Qouz 4 (opposite Springdales School) in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.

According to sources, the fire started at around 3.30am in a store room at the Roda hotel staff accommodation and gradually engulfed the building.

The source said that apparently the workers were enjoying the long holiday break and had organised a small get together in the area where someone reportedly left a burning cigarette butt that is said to be the cause of the fire.

Since the area has a lot of stored furniture and inflammable items, the fire soon spread to other rooms as well.

However, the security soon evacuated the staff and informed the civil defense and police who have cordoned off the area and are now in the process of containing the fire.

We are yet to receive confirmation on the exact cause of the fire from the police.

The initial reports about the fire breaking out in Springdales School were incorrect.

When contacted the school authorities said the school was unaffected by the fire and things were normal.


saman@khaleejtimes.com

 

 


ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM UAE
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /uae/dubai/man-proposes-to-girlfriend-on-burj-khalifas-led-panel macro_action: article, macro_profile: , macro_adspot:
 
 
 
 
 
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios