Sheikh Mohammed issues 10 rules for social media users in UAE
The guidelines come after the open letter written by the Dubai Ruler in September.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-president and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on Wednesday shared 10 points on the conduct that should be followed by Emiratis on social media.
?? ?? ?????? ??????? ?????????? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ??????? ????????? ? pic.twitter.com/L4y4xOZbfv- HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) October 23, 2019
The guidelines include:
1. A personality that represent Sheikh Zayed, the UAE's founding father, and his principles when interacting with others.
2. A personality that reflects the knowledge, culture and the level and sophistication of civilisation achieved by UAE.
3. A personality that does not use insults, foul language or any other word that's indecent.
4. A personality that used logic and reasoning in a conversation.
5. A personality that appreciates a good word, a beautiful picture and interacts with positive thoughts, cultures and societies.
6. A personality that helps others by sharing information, ideas, social and human initiatives that enrich the country.
7. A personality that gets involved with his/her international surroundings, speaks its language, deals with its issues and positively interacts with its future.
8. A confident personality that accepts differences and builds bridges with other people.
9. A personality that reflects the humble nature and love of Emiratis, and the love and openness towards others.
10. A personality that adores its nation, is always proud of it, and would sacrifice for it.
The guidelines follow the open letter written by Sheikh Mohammed to residents and citizens in September this year. One of the pillars in that letter was to not tarnish UAE's image on social media.
"Neglect and chaos over social media platforms impact the achievements that thousands of work teams have dedicated their greatest efforts to build. The reputation of the UAE is not for public use by those who seek more followers," the Dubai Ruler had said in his letter.
"Our Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the official entity that manages our foreign issues, speaks on our behalf and represents our political standpoints. One of its main mandates also comprises maintaining 48 years of long-standing credibility and good reputation that the UAE has established with countries and peoples across the world. We shall not accept that a number of online users taint the legacy of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan that he established on the values of credibility, love and respect. The image of our country and citizens should remain as intact and bright as Sheikh Zayed had aspired it to be," he said.
A round-up of major developments related to Covid-19 across the... READ MORE
Regulations include requirements to obtain traffic permit from ITC... READ MORE
It may be the right time to invest as realty prices may soon go... READ MORE
The steepest rise in the number of coronavirus cases should shake us... READ MORE
Through this fund, the UAE, the US International Development Finance... READ MORE
Between October 14 and 20, the rate of positive cases among those... READ MORE
This came as the RTA carried out 1,087 inspections in coordination... READ MORE
The UAE is committed to be one of the leading countries in supporting ... READ MORE