Sheikh Mohammed issues 10 rules for social media users in UAE
The guidelines come after the open letter written by the Dubai Ruler in September.
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-president and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on Wednesday shared 10 points on the conduct that should be followed by Emiratis on social media.
?? ?? ?????? ??????? ?????????? ???? ?????? ??? ????? ??????? ????????? ? pic.twitter.com/L4y4xOZbfv- HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) October 23, 2019
The guidelines include:
1. A personality that represent Sheikh Zayed, the UAE's founding father, and his principles when interacting with others.
2. A personality that reflects the knowledge, culture and the level and sophistication of civilisation achieved by UAE.
3. A personality that does not use insults, foul language or any other word that's indecent.
4. A personality that used logic and reasoning in a conversation.
5. A personality that appreciates a good word, a beautiful picture and interacts with positive thoughts, cultures and societies.
6. A personality that helps others by sharing information, ideas, social and human initiatives that enrich the country.
7. A personality that gets involved with his/her international surroundings, speaks its language, deals with its issues and positively interacts with its future.
8. A confident personality that accepts differences and builds bridges with other people.
9. A personality that reflects the humble nature and love of Emiratis, and the love and openness towards others.
10. A personality that adores its nation, is always proud of it, and would sacrifice for it.
The guidelines follow the open letter written by Sheikh Mohammed to residents and citizens in September this year. One of the pillars in that letter was to not tarnish UAE's image on social media.
"Neglect and chaos over social media platforms impact the achievements that thousands of work teams have dedicated their greatest efforts to build. The reputation of the UAE is not for public use by those who seek more followers," the Dubai Ruler had said in his letter.
"Our Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the official entity that manages our foreign issues, speaks on our behalf and represents our political standpoints. One of its main mandates also comprises maintaining 48 years of long-standing credibility and good reputation that the UAE has established with countries and peoples across the world. We shall not accept that a number of online users taint the legacy of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan that he established on the values of credibility, love and respect. The image of our country and citizens should remain as intact and bright as Sheikh Zayed had aspired it to be," he said.
Dubai is willing to issue more visas to attract more talents, she... READ MORE
A group of Emirati designers are finalising the location for this new ... READ MORE
Cancer is a bigger epidemic than Covid-19 globally if we analyse the... READ MORE
They will be able to offer home delivery services after this time. READ MORE
Public urged to hand over any lost documents or precious materials,... READ MORE
Q-Airlines, Fly Jinnah and Jet Green Airlines are in the process of... READ MORE
Temperatures are expected to increase gradually going forward. READ MORE
Several tourists, upon checking their e-visa status online, confirmed ... READ MORE