Dubai restaurant closed after 15 people suffer food poisoning

Dubai restaurant closed after 15 people suffer food poisoning

Dubai - Raw eggs can cause salmonella infection, a common bacterial disease that affects the intestinal tract.



By Staff Report

Published: Sat 28 Sep 2019, 12:54 PM

Last updated: Sat 28 Sep 2019, 2:24 PM

An American restaurant located at Jumeirah Mall has been shut down recently by the Dubai Municipality following reports of food poisoning.
According to health inspectors, the cause of the incident was the use of raw eggs in making the sauce for breakfast dishes.
Raw eggs can cause salmonella infection, a common bacterial disease that affects the intestinal tract. People who contracted salmonella infection develop diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps within eight to 72 hours after food consumption. Cooking food thoroughly, however, can kill salmonella.

The case of food poisoning was frist reported on September 14 and local sources said that at least 15 people, including a child, have been taken ill after dining at the American restaurant.
reporters@khaleejtimes.com


More news from UAE