Narratiive Tags - Khaleej Times Desktop
Abu Dhabi
Logo
 

Doctors in UAE save baby who swallowed 7 magnet balls

Ismail Sebugwaawo /Abu Dhabi
ismail@khaleejtimes.com Filed on October 1, 2019 | Last updated on October 1, 2019 at 07.25 pm
Toddler, UAE, who, swallowed, 7 magnets, saved, Doctors, save baby
The child's parents said the child might have picked the magnetic balls from the floor.- Alamy Image

The doctors said the boy underwent the surgery which lasted for four hours.

Doctors in an Abu Dhabi hospital saved the life of a 13-month-old child, who accidentally swallowed seven magnetic balls.

The surgical team at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City in Abu Dhabi managed to remove the magnetic balls from the abdomen of the Arab boy in a microscopic surgery.The magnetic balls, each measuring three millimetres in diameter, were starting to cause cracks in the intestines of the baby boy.

The doctors said the boy underwent the surgery which lasted for four hours and was then discharged from the hospital in good health.

The child's parents said the child might have picked the magnetic balls from the floor and swallowed them without anyone noticing as the family was shifting the house.

ismail@khaleejtimes.com

Ismail Sebugwaawo


ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM UAE
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /nation/abu-dhabi/dubai/Dubai-residents’-tell-all-book-about-embracing-Islam macro_action: article, macro_profile: , macro_adspot:
 
 
 
 
 
 
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios khaleejtimes - HUAWEI AppGallery