Trainer Summers hopes Clapton will hit the right note in new-look Al Maktoum Classic, a prep race for the $12 million Dubai World Cup
Residents in the UAE will enjoy their last long weekend of 2021 next week. They will get four days off from December 1 to 4 to celebrate the UAE’s National Day.
Many people have booked vacations abroad for the break and airports in the country are expecting a surge in passenger traffic.
Authorities in Abu Dhabi and Dubai have issued peak travel advisories, with the rush expected to continue till the end of the school winter break.
Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways has issued some tips for a smooth travel experience:
2. If not possible to do the above, check in online and arrive early. During peak times, economy class check-in for non-US flights opens four hours before departure and closes one hour before. Business and first-class check-in closes 45 minutes before departure. For US flights, check-in closes two hours before the flight. Boarding for all Etihad Airways departures closes 20 minutes before departure.
2. Verified to Fly: Visit ‘Manage my booking’ on etihad.com to share Covid-related travel documents. Approval will be shared by email, giving passengers confidence that all required documents are in place. Approved passengers can use fast-track ‘Verified to Fly’ desks at the airport, or the self-service kiosks.
3. Check the flight timing and departure terminal. Given the significant increase in passenger numbers, Etihad Airways will relocate check-in for economy class guests travelling on select flights.
4. Check the destination requirements. Check the latest updates before the journey begins.
5. When travelling to the US, benefit from the US Customs and Border Protection facility (USCBP), meaning all immigration and customs formalities will be completed in Abu Dhabi before departing. Guests must present themselves at the USCBP facility no later than 90 minutes before departure.
6. Check the baggage allowance before leaving for the airport: The cabin baggage policy is 7kg for economy class and 12kg for first and business class passengers.
The new taxi fare is announced in line with the fuel price for the month
Humbert set up a final clash with Bublik with a 7-5 6-3 win over world number four Medvedev in the second semifinal
The decision represents a significant achievement for the MC13, which also saw extensive discussions on key issues shaping the future of global trade
FIFA is expected to rubber-stamp Saudi Arabia as host in an uncontested vote by the governing body's federations before the end of 2024
Bublik, who will now break into the top 20 of men's tennis for reaching the Dubai final, said it was a sad end to a great game of tennis