RTA Dubai launches six new bus routes
Dubai - Three of the new routes will be operated on Fridays only.
Published: Sun 20 Jan 2019, 2:20 PM
Last updated: Sun 20 Jan 2019, 8:42 PM
The public transport agency at the Roads and Transport Authority has recently launched six new bus routes and improved the service on another route.
The move is in line with RTA's efforts to bring happiness to public transport riders and meet the growing demand for the public bus service in particular.
The six new bus routes include
- Route E411: Etisalat Metro Station - Ajman
- Route F02: Etisalat Metro Station - Muhaisinah 4,
- Route 50: International City Dragon Mart - Al Khail Gate 1 via Silicon Oasis, Dubai Mall and Business Bay.
Three new bus routes will be operated on Fridays only, including:
- Route 11B: Rashidiya MS - Al Awir Bus Terminus
- Route 34: Etisalat MS - Al Brayan Labour Camp Al Khawaneej 2 via Al Qusais Bus Station
- Route 56: DANUBE Metro Station - DWC Staff Village.
"We have also reduced the service frequency of Route F55: Ibn Battuta Metro Station - Al Maktoum International Airport from 60 to 30 minutes" said Adel Shakeri, Director of Planning & Business Development, Public Transport Agency.
"The Public Transport Agency is always keen on expanding and improving the bus network within Dubai and the bus service linking other Emirates. It carries out periodic studies and site surveys to assess the needs of public transport riders to address them as soon as possible," added Shakeri.