Free parking, fewer RTA services today
To mark the birthday of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) today, most Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) services in Dubai during the holiday will be relieved of duty, or will work reduced hours, the authority has announced.
The services affected by the altered working hours include customer service centres, paid parking zones, public buses, Dubai Metro, marine transit means, driving institutes, and vehicles testing and registration.
Dr Aysha Al Busmait, Director of RTA Marketing and Corporate Communication, stated that all customer service centres would be closed during the holiday, noting that all paid parking zones in the emirate will be free of charge on the day with the exception of the Fish Market Parking and the multi-level parking lot. The parking fee system will be reactivated on January 26.
“The Dubai Metro stations will continue to receive passengers as per the applicable schedule on weekdays,” she said.
- Public bus stations including main stations such as Gold Souk, Al Ghubaiba, and subsidiary stations such as Satwa, Al Qusais, Al Qouz Industrial — 6am to 12am
- Jebel Ali Bus Station — 6am to 10pm
- Feeder bus service to the Metro stations — 6am to 1am
- Rashidiya, Mall of the Emirates, and Ibn Battuta stations — 6am to 12am
- Abu Hail and Etisalat stations — 6am to 10pm Commercial transport and Inter-city bus stations
- Main stations such as Al Ghubaiba — 24 hours daily
- Subsidiary stations such as Union Square and Sabkha — 6am to 12am
- Buses at Deira City Centre and Karama stations — 6am to 10pm
- External stations such as Jubail-Bur Dubai — 24 hours
- Sharjah (Jubail-Deira) and Abu Dhabi — 6am to 12am
- Ajman and Hatta stations — 6am to 10pm
Marine Transit Modes
- Water Bus and Water Taxi — 10am to 12am
- Dubai Ferry — 9am to 7pm
For more info visit www.rta.ae