Amitabh Bachchan wants quick fix to Note7 charging issue

Amitabh Bachchan wants quick fix to Note7 charging issue

Bachchan wants a '100%' from his Note 7; urges 'quick response' from Samsung.



By Curated by Yousuf Saifuddin Kapadia

Published: Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:46 PM

Last updated: Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:18 PM

As Samsung battles to replace millions of recalled Galaxy Note 7 smartphones following a series of battery explosions due to overheating, the South Korean tech giant faces an urgent complaint from a high profile actor too.
Bollywood megastar, Amitabh Bachchan, took to Twitter on Friday to complain about the new 'restricted charging' feature on his Note 7, which was rolled out as a software update by Samsung a few weeks back to limit charging to 60 per cent on the initially launched Note 7 smartphones.
Samsung had urged users of its Note 7 smartphone to turn them in due to fire-prone batteries, said it will perform a software update in South Korea that limits the devices' charge to 60 per cent.
The move came as Samsung, the world's biggest smartphone maker, also ran local advertisements apologising for a recall that is unprecedented for a company that prides itself on its manufacturing prowess.

It has not decided whether to implement similar software upgrades limiting battery charging in markets other than South Korea, a company spokeswoman had said.
The software update automatically began on September 20.
This is not the first time the net-savvy star has taken to social media asking for help with his Note 7. Bachchan had earlier enquired from his fans and followers about the global recall and desperation over the ban on airlines in India and abroad.
A green battery icon is displayed on the new replaced phones, indicating that the phone is 'safe' to charge and use.
The firm has sold 2.5 million Note 7 phones in 10 markets including South Korea and the United States that are subject to the recall.
Samsung bagan offering replacement phones with safe batteries on September 19 in South Korea - and hopes to replace phones globally by December.
The smartphone has also been banned by many airlines, including UAE-based carriers - passengers were told to power down or not charge their Note 7 phones on flights.
Samsung has started replacing Galaxy Note7 with the new Note7 in UAE, and has already announced 13 locations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah for the exchange programme.
So good news is that it will be available during forthcoming Gitex Shopper.


More news from TECH