Ruiz confident of beating Joshua in Saudi Arabia

Ruiz confident of beating Joshua in Saudi Arabia
Ruiz (left) produced one of boxing's biggest upsets by Joshua with a seventh-round stoppage on June 1

London - Ahead of the rematch in Diriyah, near Riyadh, Ruiz said he hoped to inflict another painful defeat on Joshua



By Reuters 


Published: Thu 5 Sep 2019, 10:39 PM

Last updated: Fri 6 Sep 2019, 12:47 AM

Mexican-American world heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz Jr. said he will not be satisfied with "15 minutes of fame" as he prepares to fight Briton Anthony Joshua again in Saudi Arabia on Dec. 7.
Ruiz produced one of boxing's biggest upsets by beating the 29-year-old Joshua with a seventh-round stoppage at New York's Madison Square Garden on June 1.
"The hunger still remains. I don't want 15 minutes of fame. I want it to last. I want a generation. I want to be a champion for more years," Ruiz said told reporters on Wednesday.
Joshua, previously undefeated and fighting for the first time in the United States, was defending his IBF, WBA and WBO titles but was knocked down four times in the fight. 
Ahead of the rematch in Diriyah, near Riyadh, Ruiz said he hoped to inflict another painful defeat on Joshua.
 


More news from Sports