Bani Yas, Al Wahda and Shabab Al Ahli in semis

Bani Yas, Al Wahda and Shabab Al Ahli in semis
Action from the Arabian Gulf Cup quarterfinal match between Shabab Al Ahli and Al Jazria. (Supplied photo)

Dubai - Bani Yas will now play the semifinal against Al Wahda

Bani Yas secured their spot in the semifinal of the UAE Gulf Cup after earning a 1-0 win over Al Ain at Tahnoun Bin Mohamed Stadium on Friday, a press release said.
Bani Yas managed to find the back of the net in the 68th minute as Haboosh Saleh Alnofeli netted what turned out to be winner for the Sky Blues. 
Bani Yas will now play the semifinal against Al Wahda, who defeated Emirates Club 5-0 in the quarterfinal on Thursday.
Yahya Alghassani opened the scoring for Al Wahda. Sebastian Tagliabue then headed Chang Woo Rim cross past substitute keeper Marwan Alkhadim to make it 2-0.
The scoring spree continued for the hosts as Mourad Batna netted their third goal in the 41st minute. Just before the break, Al Wahda scored their fourth goal. Hamdan Alkamali's free-kick rocketed into the bottom corner of the net leaving Alkhadim helpless as the hosts took a 4-0 advantage into half time.
Al Wahda were able to extend their lead in the 78th minute. After being awarded a penalty, Leonardo de Souza converted from the spot to score his side's fifth goal, putting the win beyond any doubt.
Meanwhile, Shabab Al Ahli earned a late 4-2 win over Al Jazira at Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum Stadium on Thursday to secure a spot in the semifinal.
The game got off to fiery start as Al Jazira were already 1-0 up after only two minutes thanks to an own goal by Salmin Khamis Salmin.  Shabab Al Ahli were able to score the equaliser six minutes ahead of the break. Jaime Ayovi headed off Mauro Diaz's corner to make it 1-1.
As both teams looked to be headed to a 1-1 draw at half time, Shabab Al Ahli completed their comeback. Abdulaziz Hussain Mubarak sent an accurate cross into the box before Jaime Ayovi scored another header to give his side a 2-1 advantage ahead of the break.
Despite their numerical disadvantage, Al Jazira were able to stage a comeback in the second half. Nacer Barazite found Salem Aleedi's pass inside the box before scoring past Shabab Al Ahli keeper Majed Naser Humaid to get his side back into the game in the 69th minute.
The game remained deadlocked at 2-2 and seemed to be headed for extra time until Ahmed Abdulla Jshak gave Shabab Al Ahli a 3-2 advantage in the third minute of injury time. 
Chaotic scenes emerged between the players at both sides following the goal, resulting in three red cards in the final moments of the game. 
Shabab Al Ahli exploited this golden chance and scored a fourth goal to seal the victory. Following a counter-attack, Ahmed Abdulla Jshak sent a powerful strike into Al Jazria's net to score his second of the night.

More news from Sports