Saudi Arabia
Logo
 

Riyadh rejects international probe

AFP/Riyadh
Filed on November 15, 2018 | Last updated on November 15, 2018 at 10.54 pm
Riyadh rejects international probe

(AFP file)

"This is now a legal case and is thus in the hands of Saudi Arabia's judiciary," Al Jubeir told reporters in Riyadh.


Saudi Arabia's foreign minister on Thursday dismissed Turkey's demand for an international inquiry into the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Riyadh has its own "investigative body" and would "reject" an independent investigation into the killing of Khashoggi, who had been "heavily drugged" before being dismembered, Minister Adel Al Jubeir said.

"This is now a legal case and is thus in the hands of Saudi Arabia's judiciary," Al Jubeir told reporters in Riyadh.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Wednesday called for the international investigation into the October 2 killing of Khashoggi.





ERROR: Macro /ads/dfp-ad-article-new is missing!
MORE FROM Region
MORE FROM Khaleej Times
CurrentRequestUnmodified: /region/saudi-arabia/Muslims-urged-to-sight-Dhu-Al-Hijjah-crescent-on-Monday macro_action: article, macro_profile: ,1026,1016 macro_adspot:
 
 
 
 
 
KT App Download
khaleejtimes app

All new KT app
is available
for download:

khaleejtimes - android khaleejtimes - ios khaleejtimes - HUAWEI AppGallery