It is important that dental hygiene is paid heed to as one follows a strict regime during the holy month of Ramadan.
Below are some of the tips and advices that should be put into use by a person observing a fast.
1. How many times should one brush one's teeth during Ramadan?
The American Dental Association recommends brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. When you brush your teeth, you help remove food and plaque - a sticky white film that forms on your teeth and contains bacteria. After you eat a meal or snack that contains sugar, the bacteria in plaque produce acids that attack tooth enamel. Repeated attacks can break down tooth enamel and lead to cavities. Plaque that isn't removed can also harden into tartar, making it harder to keep teeth clean.
2. Should people undergo any dental procedures once Ramadan comes to an end?
3. Is there any special dental advice for the children observing a fast during Ramadan?
4. What kind of a toothpaste should be used during Ramadan?
5. Are there any food items that cause dental problems during Ramadan?
6. Are there any particular dental tools that people should use during Ramadan?
(All information has been provided by Dr. Tamer Mohsin Abusalah, General Practitioner - Dental & Medical Director of Burjeel Dental Clinic)
This development comes ahead of a high-stakes Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) scheduled for this Friday
All Ministry of Interior transactions will be spotted if the fingerprint is not taken within the time frame
The major road will be closed until the exercise ends and those planning to travel to other emirates have been offered an alternative route
The social media platform has said that it will not be able to publish the executive orders due to legal restrictions
The currency was under pressure due to subdued equity market sentiment and elevated level of crude oil prices