5 WhatsApp tricks that you need to try out now
Published on January 7, 2020 at 13.41
WhatsApp keeps its users on the edge by introducing host of new features frequently for Android, iOS and Desktop.
Even WhatsApp Web users get to use almost all the features of its mobile application, except they cannot make audio or video calls using the app’s desktop version.
However there are a list of features that can be used on Android, iOS and desktop.
1. Using less data on WhatsApp:To optimize usage of data on the mobile app and WhatsApp Web, users should turn off automatic media download. This can be done by going to settings, Data, storage usage, and media auto download.
2. Videos into GIFs: This feature of WhatsApp in-app camera allows users to convert videos shorter than six seconds into GIFs. Users can either record a video or choose one from phone’s galleries and thereby press the toggle switch on the right corner of the app that will convert normal video into a GIF. To send the GIF just tap the GIF option and hit send.
3. Font features: WhatsApp users can bold, italicize, and strike-through the chat text by placing a symbol pertaining to the font format in the beginning and at the end of the text. For bold font, place an asterisk at the beginning and at the end of messages, while for italics use the underscore symbol, and for strike-through, the tilde ‘~’ symbol needs to be used.
4. PIP mode: Picture-in-Picture or PiP feature enables users to watch a video sourced from Facebook or YouTube while allowing them to text in the background. Besides chatting with the person who shared the video, users can chat with anyone in WhatsApp while the video keeps playing in the background until closed.
5. Stickers: For using stickers, tap the emoticon option next to the text bar and click on the Stickers option on the bottom left corner of the app. You can also access stickers created using third-party app on WhatsApp using this method.
Source: Hindustan Times