Sharjah Publishers Conference to begin on November 1
The three-day event will host eight-panel discussions on the key issues and challenges facing the publishing sector.
More than 317 publishing professionals and 33 speakers will take part in the 10th Publishers Conference from November 1 to 3, the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) has announced.
The three-day event will host eight-panel discussions on the key issues and challenges facing the publishing sector in the region and around the world.
The conference will begin with a discussion titled ‘Global publishing spotlight: Surviving and thriving during a pandemic’. Publishing professionals from around the world will speak on how the global publishing industry has risen to the challenge of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, and the lessons they learnt in the process. The details of the application process for the $300,000 SIBF Translation Grant will be presented exclusively to participants on the first day.
The conference will conclude with one of its most-anticipated features, the hugely popular “matchmaking” session, where publishers and industry professionals meet to discuss buying and selling of rights and strike new deals.
Sessions during the conference
- Global publishing spotlight: Surviving and thriving during a pandemic
- Publishing pivoting for the future: How virtual events and social media are connecting publishers and readers across the globe
- Translated books: Finding new audiences
- Emirati authors in conversation
- It’s a woman’s world: Global women in publishing
- Homeschooling and virtual learning: What is next for education publishing
- Book piracy: What is the damage?
- Listen up! The audiobook phenomenon: Growth and listening habits
The decision will help nurseries improve their business after the... READ MORE
Leading Australian university tournament online due to Covid, still... READ MORE
All exams will be online for all grades except for grade 12. READ MORE
He was caught at the airport with 72 drug capsules READ MORE
Changes were taking place, but nothing could have prepared the... READ MORE
More than 16 million Covid-19 tests have been carried out in the... READ MORE
The Kite Beach Street stretches 1,500m, has 370 parking slots, and... READ MORE
The Nobel Prize Committee will review Sheikh Mohamed’s and... READ MORE