Boy found living in rubbish after missing school for six months
Officers said they could not enter the property because of the awful smell.
Drug-addict parents of a seven-year-old boy pleaded guilty to child cruelty by neglect after he was found living in house infested with flies, dirty needles and rotting food.
The boy, from Leicester, failed to attend school for six months after moving house, Daily Mail quoted Leicester Mercury reports. When social services and police attended the house where the boy had been living with his drug-addict parents, they found it to be 'squalid' with faeces smeared on the walls, Leicester Crown Court was told.
Officers said they could not enter the property because of the awful smell, and found the boy was not wearing any underwear or socks. He appeared to have no change of clothes since days.
The court heard that the boy played on an XBox a lot and would survive on bread and butter with ketchup. He had no toys and go to bed whenever he wanted.
Prosecutor Alexander Wolfson, said, "When a drawer in the boy's bedroom cupboard was opened 'a cloud of flies flew into the air. The toilet was filthy with no evidence of a toothbrush or toothpaste in the bathroom."
The boy has now been placed in long-term foster care and told he loved his parents who have each been handed 10 month jail sentences, suspended for 18 months, with one year of drug rehabilitation. Both are placed on three month home curfews, at separate addresses, between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am. While the father was ordered to attend 15 days of rehabilitation activity.
The child was with his family when the accident took place. READ MORE
A round-up of major developments related to Covid-19 across the... READ MORE
The naming and shaming is part of the country's efforts to deter... READ MORE
Maj. Gen. Al Mansouri makes plea after arrest of 20 African gangs for ... READ MORE
In the first 30 days, they will be doing round-the-clock shifts to... READ MORE
Credit card debt continues to be the "most expensive" form of... READ MORE
Students are now considering careers around space sciences, thanks to ... READ MORE
This is to avoid crowds at centres as a precautionary measure against ... READ MORE