More than half of Dubai students back in classrooms: KHDA
A total of 53 per cent of schoolkids are now sitting for face-to-face classes but they also have virtual lessons.
More than half of all students in Dubai have already returned to their classrooms for face-to-face learning this school year, according to the latest data of the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).
A total of 53 per cent of schoolkids are now sitting for face-to-face classes but they also have virtual lessons. The remaining students, 47 per cent, continue to study through full-time distance learning, based on the KHDA’s private school landscape data for 2020-21.
“Schools have demonstrated their ability to deliver learning in a safe and healthy environment amid the current circumstances. With many schools transitioning to 100 per cent face-to-face learning, confidence among schools and families to return to a normal learning experience is rising,” the authority said in a statement.
Four new schools have also opened in the emirate in the current academic year.
The landscape report has been based on data that was gathered from surprised visits conducted by the KHDA team. These inspections ensure that private schools were adhering to the Dubai Government’s rules for health and safety at school. In September and October, the team made a total of 1,148 school visits.
Dr Abdulla Al Karam, chairman of the board of directors and director-general of KHDA, said: “We’re grateful to the teachers and school leaders who have been so devoted to their students and their work; to the parents who have placed their trust in Dubai and our schools; and to the students who have shown such courage and optimism throughout this period.”
The KHDA landscape report, previously an annual publication, will be updated and released three times during this academic year. Upcoming reports are due in winter 2020 and spring 2021.
The decision will help nurseries improve their business after the... READ MORE
Leading Australian university tournament online due to Covid, still... READ MORE
All exams will be online for all grades except for grade 12. READ MORE
He was caught at the airport with 72 drug capsules READ MORE
Nearly 16 million Covid-19 tests have been carried out in the country ... READ MORE
Iata Travel Pass to speed up reopening of borders to international... READ MORE
In 30 years, Dubai aims to source 75 per cent of its electricity from ... READ MORE
Nine firms also fined Dh50 million each by an Abu Dhabi court. READ MORE