WATCH: Now apply for Emirates ID late fines exemption online
UAE citizens and residents need to fulfill one of the following criterion...
All UAE and GCC citizens and expatriate residents, who failed to get their ID cards or the ID cards of those under their sponsorship issued or renewed in the stipulated timeframe, can apply for exemption from late fines if they fulfill one of the following criteria, according to their website.
1. A person who left the country and lived outside the UAE for more than three months, or a resident whose residency expired while abroad or whose ID card validity expired after his departure from the UAE. This has to be established with the help of the travel document.
2. A person whose ID card validity expired while abroad as a result of an executive or judicial decree or whose passport is detailed in a case or due to its renewal. He has to prove it with an official letter from the relevant authorities that has decreed his departure or detailed his passport in a case or for purposes of renewal.
3. A person bed-ridden or suffering from a contagious disease or partial or full disability. This has to be proven with a medical certificate issued by relevant authorities in the country.
4. Staff of diplomatic or consular missions in the country and those under their care
5. Elderly people above the age of 70 who are unable to visit the customer services centres. They have to prove their age with their family book, passport or any other authentic document.
6. People subject to social security and those under their sponsorship. They have to prove their status with an official certificate issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs or other relevant authorities.
7. A person for whom the ID card was not issued during the period before he obtained UAE citizenship or family book.
8. Delays in the registration or issuance of ID card on account of errors of documentation or due to the Emirates ID's systems or one of its staff members or typing offices assigned by it.
Here's how you can go about applying for the exemption
The service is available online at the website www.id.gov.ae. Click the link and fill in the online form on the main page and register yourself on the site. You can also choose the language in which you receive communication.
You then follow the steps on the website form and you pay the fines due to you where you can choose to pay the fine or apply for exemption where you upload the relevant document or you can choose to submit it at a customer service website.
You will then receive a text message with your application number and in 48 hours another message stating whether the application has been accepted or not. If it has been rejected then the applicant is asked to pay the fine within the stipulated number of days.
Traditional payment methods suspended. READ MORE
Recipient of the parcel was allegedly held up in Dubai owing to Covid ... READ MORE
The fees are not inclusive of costs such as books, school uniforms... READ MORE
The murder victim was found inside a vehicle at Ghoub in Dibba Al-... READ MORE
Limited number of fully vaccinated fans will be allowed to attend the ... READ MORE
The vaccine's positive psychological effects are likely to kick in a... READ MORE
The ‘Time is Now’ competition will run until October 1. READ MORE
The PCB says it will now work with the New Zealand board to... READ MORE